A-Z Challenge

A-Z Challenge
So this is my first blog- and my first attempt at this challenge. Wish me luck!

Monday, April 4, 2011

(C)IA

Ok so you are going to read this and think "These patrons don't really exist.  She's making this up."  But I swear to you, these are really the people that come in here!

One guy who used to come in (I'm not sure if he just doesn't or if Security has requested he not return...) would sit at a computer and then try to strike up conversations with me.  Now I'm not really one for talking, but I don't mind a little small talk.  The only problem with this guy?  He never made any sense.  Most of the time, I had no idea what we were even talking about. 

This is the last conversation we had:
"Would you help someone if you could, but you don't really want to?" 
"That is a little vague.  Why don't you want to help?  Is it difficult?  Illegal?  Immoral?" 
"So you are saying that as long as it is legal, I should do it?"
"No I'm not saying that at all.  What would happen if you DIDN'T do it?  Would the person be physically hurt?  In danger?" 
"So you are saying that I should do it because the other person might get hurt?"
"Umm I'm saying that you really need to decide what you are comfortable doing or not doing and just going with that decision." 

And then on his way out he said, "Oh and just to let you know who I'm with...well let me just give you this." and he hands me a piece of paper scrap paper that he wrote CIA on.

No comments:

Post a Comment